Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Nine's Cricket Coverage


I assume most of my reader (not a typo) watched the slog-fest the other night on TV.

Nine have released a presser to The Age with some interesting promo of upcoming coverage gimmicks advances.

I thought the on-field interviews were great in that we finally got the idea that Graeme Smith isn't a total f**kwit, but I was better off not knowing what Roy Symonds sounded like (surprisingly ocker!).

And I'm convinced that Mark Nicholas, whilst never possibly being as good as, is an able replacement for Richie when he dies (which is surely only days away... have you seen him!).

Finally, I was glad to hear Slats commentating. I don't know if I share this viewpoint with many others, but I thought he was great on the Foxtel/Sky coverage of the Ashes, and his ABC radio work was just as good. In fact, if digital TV didn't have the half-second delay I'd have ABC on all the time.

Better still, we should be able to pick an "all-star" team of commentators. Mine (in no particular order):
  • Richie Benaud
  • Jim Maxwell and Kerry O'Keefe (must be on together)
  • Hashan Nahasapemapitilon (or whatever his name is)
  • Michael Slater
  • Peter Roebuck (short bursts only)
  • Mark Nicholas
  • Darren Lehmann
  • Glenn Mitchell

My to-be-taken-out-and-shot list (except that they would probably try and describe the shooting in obvious detail to you):
  • Ian Chappell
  • Tony Greig
  • Bill Lawry
  • Mark Taylor
  • Ian Healy

Have I missed anyone? Comment me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home